Did some repairs to the water lines. I chose not to go back to the drip lines for now as they’re a pain to put in. I may return to them next year as they’re way more efficient, but time being of the essence since I’m behind in getting the garden going this year, I chose quick and dirty.
I didn’t start anything indoors this year, all of garden save the potatoes and onions are direct sow seed. Have to see how well that works. Here’s what went in:
- Corn – sweet yellow/white hybrid
- Okra – mostly green, but a put in a few red seeds a friend of mine provided
- Several varieties of peppers
- Tomatoes – better boys, plum, cherry
In the raised beds:
- Spaghetti squash
- Butternut squash
In the bags:
- Potatoes – several varieties
- Onions – several varieties
You can see from last week to this week, the potatoes I put in the first bags have already made noticeable progress.